An unapologetic plant geek shares advice and opinions on gardening, the contrived and the natural landscape, as well as occasional topics from the other side of the gate.

June 3, 2010

8X8

A few days ago Ruth at Muscari Musings challenged me to go the the 8th folder in my photo files and open the 8th picture, post it and link back to her. Then I was to challenge 8 other bloggers to do the same. While I will not challenge anyone individually, if you would like to participate, consider yourself challenged.

On to the photo, which I did not take - my son did.

STH70017

Now a twist on the challenge, in the comments add you own caption as to what you speculate is going on, be creative. The situation is not as serious as you might think, and in a few days I will tell you what was happening.

10 comments:

  1. Hey, Les, Thanks for accepting the 8x8 challenge! :) I look forward to seeing what captions are written for you. And to finding out what was really going on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well obviously the boy with the crutches is reenacting his fainting episode which occurred when he saw an agave in bloom for the first time. Which (by the way) is why he has the crutches...he fainted into said agave and was injured, although not seriously. The boy with the camera phone is taking a picture which will be sent to their botany teacher, who organized the field trip to the botanical gardens where the agave was blooming. Your son was capturing it all for posterity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Les. I think the boy with the crutches is definitely reinacting a situation, especially since the facing child is laughing and taking photos. However, my creativity cannot top danger garden's at the moment, so I bow and accept defeat in this arena today. Can't wait to find out what is really going on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun challenge Les. Looks like the boys are goofing off with the camera on a cellphone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely interested in hearing what is going on. Looks like a tired boy on a long school trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uniforms and twisted ankles... Could your child be the next victim of a patent leather slip up ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simulation of car crash? Love the challenge Les. Say Hi to S for me. Love, Mariellen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like the boys are just having fun with the cell phone camera.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Randal cackles with glee as he captures his pesky little brother in the beam of his mini super-shrinker.

    ReplyDelete